Dear Parents and Guardians,
The kids in Mme Ko’s class had the honour of having Mr. Mark Madryga visit their class this week. Mr. Madryga will be reading some jokes from a joke book made by our students Monday morning on Global at 7:50am. So set your PVRs!
As mentioned last week…student Led Conferences are coming up on February 7 and 8. Please note that the purpose of Student Led Conferences are meant to give your children an opportunity to share their learning with you. Teachers will work with students to prepare them for this day. This is much different than a parent teacher interview. Teachers will only be there as a facilitator for your child’s presentation. Questions should for the most part be directed towards your child. If you have further questions for your child’s teacher, please make an appointment at a later time. Remember, that your child worked hard to prepare for their student led conference. Please allow them to lead the conference in the manner that they practiced.
Student Led Conference Information
- Wed. Feb. 7 Start time: 1:00 pm Last Conference: 1:40 pm
- Thur. Feb. 8 Start time: 2:20 pm Last Conference 6:40 pm
Parent Connect is open for parents to book their student-leds. Parents have until 10:30am Wednesday, Feb 7.
Please see the parent instructions below.
PINK SHIRT DAY FEB 27 (NOT THE 28TH)
Don’t forget that this year we will be celebrating Pink Shirt day on Tuesday Feb 27 (not the 28th because of Science Fair). Students are encouraged to wear pink that day to show their dedication to being kind. Of course, participation is optional, but we hope to see as many people participate as possible.
Our Science Fair is on Wednesday Feb 28. Students from grades 4-7 are participating. Parents are welcome to come and view our student Science Fair Projects from 9:10 – 10:20 or 10:50 – 11:50.
A reminder that we are asking families to bring $5 per student so we can replenish some supplies in the Earthquake Bin. Please click below for more information and send $5 with your child as soon as possible.
Popcorn Day is Feb 9th. Don’t forget your loonie!
Have a great week!
- Monday, Feb 5 – Grade 6 boys basketball at lunch
- Monday, Feb 5 – PAC Meeting at 7pm
- Tuesday, Feb 6 – Grade 6 girls basketball practice at 8am
- Tuesday, Feb 6 – Grade 7 girls basketball at lunch
- Tuesday, Feb 6 – Grade 6 Boys Basketball: Home game vs Richardson
- Tuesday, Feb 6 – Grade 7 Boys Basketball: Away game vs Richardson
- Wednesday, Feb 7 – Grade 6 girls basketball practice at 8am
- Wednesday, Feb 7 – Bookings for Student Leds close at 10:30am
- Wednesday, Feb 7 – Early Dismissal at 12:00pm
- Wednesday, Feb 7 – Student Led Conferences from 2 – 3
- Wednesday, Feb 7 – Late French Immersion Info Night at Chalmers at 6:30
- Thursday, Feb 8 – Grade 7 boys basketball at lunch
- Thursday, Feb 8 – Pottery Session A K-Gr. 2 at lunch
- Thursday, Feb 8 – Early Dismissal at 2:00pm
- Thursday, Feb 8 – Student Led Conferences 2:20pm – 7:00pm
- Friday, Feb 9 – Popcorn Day
- Friday, Feb 9 – Grade 7 Girls Basketball at lunch
- Monday, Feb 12 – Family Day Holiday
- Tuesday, Feb 13 – Grade 6 girls basketball practice at 8am
- Tuesday, Feb 13 – Grade 7 girls basketball at lunch
- Tuesday, Feb 13 – Div. 6 to Curling in the afternoon
- Tuesday, Feb 13 – Grade 6 boys basketball away game at Gray
- Tuesday, Feb 13 – Grade 7 boys home game against Gray
- Wednesday, Feb 14 – Grade 6 girls basketball practice at 8am
- Wednesday, Feb 14 – Grade 7 boys basketball practice at lunch
- Thursday, Feb 15 – Healthy Relationships Presentation (Ko, Arjun, Oliveira)
- Thursday, Feb 15 – Pottery Session A (K-2) at lunch
- Thursday, Feb 15 – Grade 7 boys basketball practice at lunch
- Thursday, Feb 15 – Grade 6 girls away game at Gray
- Thursday, Feb 15 – Grade 7 girls home game against Gray
- Friday, Feb 16 – Jump Rope for Heart
- Friday, Feb 16 – Kindergarten Registration from 9am-12am
- Friday, Feb 16 – Grade 7 Girls basketball practice at lunch