Dear Parents and Guardians,
I hope that turning back time for an hour allowed you to sneak in some extra time with your kids. Thank you for taking the time to read our weekly Editions of the Dragon’s Breath.
Thank you for coming out to our Halloween parade and for making the day fun for our kids. It was great to see all the awesome smiles and costumes throughout the day!
As the weather gets colder and rainier, please make sure that kids come dressed appropriately for the weather. Please expect that kids will go out for recess and lunch, unless there is extreme weather. Please also be reminded that we do not have the capacity to allow kids come in before our morning bell. Students are encouraged to dress warmly and if needed, find shelter in the undercover area.
The Devon Gardens PAC is looking to build up a list of parents to help out with various activities throughout the year. This is a great opportunity to get involved with your kids’ school and meet some fellow families.
Volunteer roles include, but are not limited to, making and selling popcorn, hot lunch days, Family Fun Night, Sports Day and more. If you are willing to be contacted when opportunities arise, please fill out the form below.
Popcorn Day Lead Needed
We need a parent (or two) to help take over the coordination of popcorn sales. If you are willing and interested to learn more, contact Dianna at firstname.lastname@example.org. The role includes ensuring we have volunteers available for popping the corn on the Thursday before popcorn day and then scheduling volunteers on Friday sales days. There is a lots of support from the PAC, but we need someone to just take charge of this!
PAC Meeting – Monday, Nov 6 at 7pm in the Library
As we mentioned last week, throughout the month of November, Delta Police will be visiting our school during our pickup and drop off times to help ensure that students are arriving and leaving school safely.
Delta Police and our parents can continue to help us keep our students safe during pickup and drop off times. Please help us by doing the following.
- Use the designated parent parking lot across the street from the school
- Follow the directions of crossing guards
- Keep our school/staff parking lot clear of parent vehicles and pedestrians
- Stress to your children that they should not hang out in our parking lot
- Keep vehicles clear of Downs Road
- Encourage older students to walk to school
- If possible, walk younger students to school
- Drive slowly and cautiously
- Report traffic concerns to the office
We understand that that before and after school can be very busy. Together we can continue to work on keeping our kids as safe as possible during pick-up and drop-off times.
Please note that our Remembrance Day Assembly will be on Friday, Nov 10th at 10:45 am. This does differ from our usual 9:00am assembly time. This is, in attempt to be closer to the 11th hour to mark our moment of silence.
PHOTO RE-TAKES ARE ON FRIDAY, NOV 17.
Have a great week!
- Tuesday, Nov 7 – Grade 6 Volleyball (home game against Richardson)
- Thursday, Nov 9 – Grade 6 Volleyball at Gray
- Thursday, Nov 9 – Grade 7 Volleyball (Home game against Hellings)
- Friday, Nov 10 – Remembrance Day Assembly at 10:45
- Saturday, Nov 11 – Remembrance Day
- Monday, Nov 13 – Remembrance Day Stat
- Tuesday, Nov 14 – Grade 7 Volleyball at McCloskey
- Tuesday, Nov 14 -Grade 6 Volleyball (home game against McCloskey)
- Thursday, Nov 16 – Grade 7 Volleyball (Home game against Richardson)
- Friday, Nov 17 – PHOTO RE-TAKE DAY