Devon Gardens Year-End Awards Criteria
In order to receive the Citizenship Award, students will have demonstrated the following behaviours:
- consistently demonstrated kind action towards others
- consistently demonstrated respect towards staff, visitors, peers, noon hour supervisors, school’s property, and others’ property
- consistently abided by the school rules and expectations and act responsibly in the classroom and on the playground
- consistently demonstrated leadership skills and take the initiative to help others (i.e. without being asked).
- consistently taken responsibility for his/her learning by completing assignments, effectively using his/her planner, and coming to school prepared with the necessary materials.
Outstanding Effort Award
In order to receive the Outstanding Effort Award, students will have demonstrated the following attributes:
- over the course of the school year has shown exceptional growth in his/her academic performance
- over the course of the school year has shown exceptional growth in his/her attitude towards learning
- over the course of the school year has made an effort to meaningfully participate in learning activities
- has consistently demonstrated the above learning attributes throughout the entire school year
Please note the following:
** Each teacher will choose 0 – 5 students from his/her classroom to receive the Citizenship Award and 0 – 5 students from his/her classroom to receive the Outstanding Effort Award. A student may receive both awards.