Dear Parents and Guardians,
Student Led Conferences are coming up on February 7 and 8. Please note that the purpose of Student Led Conferences are meant to give your children an opportunity to share their learning with you. Teachers will work with students to prepare them for this day. This is much different than a parent teacher interview. Teachers will only be there as a facilitator for your child’s presentation. Questions should for the most part be directed towards your child. If you have further questions for your child’s teacher, please make an appointment at a later time. Remember, that your child worked hard to prepare for their student led conference. Please allow them to lead the conference in the manner that they practiced.
Student Led Conference Information
- Wed. Feb. 7 Start time: 1:00 pm Last Conference: 1:40 pm
- Thur. Feb. 8 Start time: 2:20 pm Last Conference 6:40 pm
Parent Connect will be open for parents to start booking their student-leds from Monday, January 29 to 10:30am Wednesday, January 31.
Please see the parent instructions below.
As we mentioned last week, we are asking families to bring $5 per student so we can replenish some supplies in the Earthquake Bin. Please click below for more information and send $5 with your child as soon as possible.
PINK SHIRT DAY FEB 27 (NOT THE 28TH)
This year we will be celebrating Pink Shirt day on Tuesday Feb 27 (not the 28th because of Science Fair). Students are encouraged to wear pink that day to show their dedication to being kind. Of course participation is optional, but we hope to see as many people participate as possible.
Our Science Fair is on Wednesday Feb 28. Students from grades 4-7 are participating. Parents are welcome to come and view our student Science Fair Projects from 9:10 – 10:20 or 10:50 – 11:50.
We are asking for your help during pick up and drop off. Please help us by working with your children to follow traffic rules.
We understand that pick up and drop off times can be very rushed for many families. Please help us by being extra patient and by doing the following.
- Please avoid stopping your vehicle in the middle of the street to let your children out.
- Use the designated parent parking lot across the street from the school
- Follow the directions of crossing guards
- Keep our school/staff parking lot clear of parent vehicles and pedestrians
- Stress to your children that they should not hang out in our parking lot
- Keep vehicles clear of Downs Road
- Encourage older students to walk to school
- If possible, walk younger students to school
- Report traffic concerns to the office
Please also used the two crosswalks that we have designated and follow the instructions of our crossing guards. Please remember that even though all our crossing guards have been trained by the Delta Police, they are as young as 10 years old and giving directions to adults may be challenging for some of them. All our crossing guards have been trained to ask students and adults to follow traffic safety rules. They will ask adults and students to cross at the designated spots and give directions if they see people doing unsafe actions such as jay-walking. It is expected that adults, students, and drivers of vehicles follow the directions of these crossing guards while they are on duty.
Please see the video below.
Together we can continue to work on keeping our kids as safe as possible during pick-up and drop-off times.
Grade 7 “Welcome to Delview” Parent Night
Delview will be having a parent night in their school library for all current grade 7s interested in attending Delview . The presentation will be about what Delview has to offer, important information on high school transition, and courses offered for grade 8s. The meeting starts at 6:30 on Wednesday January 31.
DOGS AT SCHOOL
Please be aware that we have many students who extremely nervous around dogs. If possible, please try and leave your dogs at home. However, if you must bring your dog to school please help us by keeping your dog leashed and of course by cleaning up after your dog. We also had some additional signage installed that will hopefully serve as gentle reminders to our community.
Just a reminder that we have a parent calendar that might have useful information for you. We try and populate events as often and as soon as possible. The direct link is provided below.
When trying to look ahead, please use the drop down menus to select the appropriate month/year and click on “GO”.
Have a great week!
- Monday, Jan 29 – Parent Connect Opens to book student-led conferences
- Monday, Jan 29 – Jump Rope for Heart Assembly at 9am
- Monday, Jan 29 – Grade 6 boys basketball at lunch
- Tuesday, Jan 30 – Grade 6 girls basketball practice at 8am
- Tuesday, Jan 30 – Grade 7 visit to Burnsview
- Tuesday, Jan 30 – Div 5 and 3 Cool it Workshops
- Tuesday, Jan 30 – Grade 7 girls basketball at lunch
- Wednesday, Jan 31 – Grade 6 girls basketball practice at 8am
- Wednesday, Jan 31 – Grade 7 boys basketball at lunch
- Wednesday, Jan 31 – Delview Grade 8 Parent Info, 6:30 at Delview
- Thursday, Feb 1 – Grade 7 boys basketball at lunch
- Thursday, Feb 1 – Pottery Session A K-Gr. 2 at lunch
- Thursday, Feb 1 – Grade 6 Girls Basketball, Home Game vs Gibson
- Thursday, Feb 1 – Grade 7 Girls Basketball, Away Game vs Gibson
- Friday, Feb 2 – Grade 7 Girls Basketball at lunch
- Friday, Feb 2 – Early French Immersion Application Deadline at 4pm
- Monday, Feb 5 – Grade 6 boys basketball at lunch
- Monday, Feb 5 – PAC Meeting at 7pm
- Tuesday, Feb 6 – Grade 6 girls basketball practice at 8am
- Tuesday, Feb 6 – Grade 7 girls basketball at lunch
- Tuesday, Feb 6 – Grade 6 Boys Basketball: Home game vs Richardson
- Tuesday, Feb 6 – Grade 7 Boys Basketball: Away game vs Richardson
- Wednesday, Feb 7 – Grade 6 girls basketball practice at 8am
- Wednesday, Feb 7 – Bookings for Student Leds close at 10:30am
- Wednesday, Feb 7 – Student Led Conferences Bookings Close at 10:30
- Wednesday, Feb 7 – Early Dismissal at 12:00pm
- Wednesday, Feb 7 – Student Led Conferences from 2 – 3
- Wednesday, Feb 7 – Late French Immersion Info Night at Chalmers at 6:30
- Thursday, Feb 8 – Grade 7 boys basketball at lunch
- Thursday, Feb 8 – Pottery Session A K-Gr. 2 at lunch
- Thursday, Feb 8 – Early Dismissal at 2:00pm
- Thursday, Feb 8 – Student Led Conferences 2:20pm – 7:00pm
- Friday, Feb 9 – Popcorn Day
- Friday, Feb 9 – Grade 7 Girls Basketball at lunch