Once again, thank you for helping make Devon Gardens such an amazing community! I feel truly blessed to come to work every day to spend time with such wonderful students, staff, and parents!
We raised $730 dollars for the Terry Fox Foundation. Thank you for your support and for coming out to our Terry Fox Run. I was impressed at how hard the kids ran. Terry would be proud!
Thank you to all those who participated in Orange Shirt Day. This is just another reminder that every child matters and deserve the same opportunities.
Some of you may know that we have been working very hard at showing proper hallway manners. Kids who demonstrated exceptional hallway behaviour earned a dragon ticket. We gave them a goal of earning 300 dragon tickets. I am extremely proud to say that our students 451 tickets! They definitely earned the extra recess that is scheduled for this Monday.
Thank you to our fantastic PAC for such an awesome lunch on Friday!
Parents of crossing guard students, please see the draft schedule below.
I have already touched based with the crossing guards that are on duty for Monday. If there are scheduling conflicts please have your child come see me. I have given crossing guards a SUB-LIST to refer to. If you need a copy of the sub-list emailed to you, please let me know.
Please remember that even though all our crossing guards have been trained by the Delta Police, they are as young as 10 years old and giving directions to adults may be challenging for some of them. All our crossing guards have been trained to ask students and adults to follow traffic safety rules. They will ask adults and students to cross at the designated spots and give directions if they see people doing unsafe actions such as jay-walking. It is expected that adults, students, and drivers of vehicles follow the directions of these crossing guards while they are on duty.
Please see the video below.
Please continue to help us keep our students safe during pickup and drop off times. We understand that that before and after school can be very busy. Please help us by doing the following.
- Use the designated parent parking lot across the street from the school
- Follow the directions of crossing guards
- Keep our school/staff parking lot clear of parent vehicles and pedestrians
- Stress to your children that they should not hang out in our parking lot
- Keep vehicles clear of Downs Road
- Encourage older students to walk to school
- If possible, walk younger students to school
- Report traffic concerns to the office
Together we can continue to work on keeping our kids as safe as possible during pick-up and drop-off times.
We are looking for some volunteers to help us out the Book Fair.
The book fair times where we need help are :
Tuesday October 10 from 3:00-4:00pm
Wednesday October 11 from 1:00-3:30
Thursday October 12 from 2:00-7:00 (2-hour shifts)
If you can help, please contact Mrs. Goldman at firstname.lastname@example.org
We are looking for a CPF rep
Canadian Parents for French (CPF) is the national network of volunteers which values French as an integral part of Canada and which is dedicated to the promotion and creation of French second language learning opportunities for young Canadians. CPF works to enhance the quality of French educational programs (French Immersion and Core French) in our schools. CPF provides support, information and resources for parents with children in the French Immersion or FSL/Core French programs. The Delta Chapter of CPF holds one meeting per month, which parents are invited to attend.
New parents or parents with new information should log on to Parent Connect to make sure we have up-to-date information. Please click below for further instructions.
Planners have gone home. Please note that they will be $7.00 this year. Planners are a vital organizational tool and method of communication for teachers, students and parents. Please have your child bring $7.00 as soon as possible to their teachers. Please note that typically the use of school planners start in grade one.
Have a great week!
- Monday, Oct 2 – Performance Assembly (Axe Capoeira) at 9am
- Monday, Oct 2 – Extra Recess 2:00pm – 2:15
- Monday, Oct 2 – PAC Meeting at 7pm
- Tuesday, Oct 3 – Grade 6 Immunization in the AM
- Tuesday, Oct 3 – Grade 6/7 Band Rental Night at Gibson 6:00pm – 8:00pm
- Monday, Oct 9 – Thanksgiving Holiday
- BOOK FAIR – Oct 10-12
- Wednesday, Oct 11 – Early Dismissal at 12:00pm
- Wednesday, Oct 11 – Parent Teacher Conferences 1:00pm to 2:00pm
- Thursday, Oct 12 – Individual Photo Day
- Thursday, Oct 12 – Early Dismissal at 2:00pm
- Thursday, Oct 12 – Parent Teacher Conferences 2:15pm – 7:00pm
- Friday, Oct 13 – Div 9. at Richmond Nature Park